It’s September, time for Open Pen Issue Twelve.
In its pages you will find N Quentin Woolf going all cogito ergo sum in his latest column for Open Pen. We’ve also got a look at London’s Skoob Books. One of our stockists, and lunchtime favourite booksellers, courtesy of our new publishing assistant Stacie Dexter.
Our cover story is courtesy of the young and talented first-time submitter Lo Fontaine. Her story Envelope: Blue is an outstanding debut from someone we think will go from strength to strength in their literary endeavours.
We’ve also got new and exciting writing from New Zealander Sile Mannion, Scotsman Ben Whitfield, East Londoner David Mortimer, Londoner Mazin Saleem and Glaswegian Carl Thompson. We’ve also included a collection of our favourite Little Printer shorts from the last few months.
Privileged, also, to announce that João Cerqueira, author of the USA Best Book (Multicultural) winning The Tragedy of Fidel Castro provides the guest editorial.
Open Pen Issue Twelve will hit shops near you Friday, 26th September, with more stockists than ever.
- Brick Lane Books – 166 Brick Lane, City of London E1 6RU
- Departure, Limehouse Centre – 649-651 Commercial Road, London E14 7LW
- Firefly Books – 53 Chatsworth Road, London, E5 0LH
- Pages Of Hackney – 70 Lower Clapton Road, Hackney, London, E5 0RN
- Rhythm Factory – 16-18 Whitechapel Road, London, E1 1EW
- Theatre Royal Stratford – Theatre Square, London E15 1BN
- Free Word Centre – 60 Farringdon Road, London EC1R 3GA
- Beyond Retro – Reflection House, 112A Cheshire House, London E2 6EJ
- Jambala Bookshop – 247 Globe Road, Bethnal Green, London, E5 0RN
- Broadway Bookshop – 6 Broadway Market, London, E8 4QJ
- Newham Bookshop – 747 Barking Rd London, Greater London E13 9ER
- The Guerrilla Bookshop – Unit 2, 3 Richmond Road, Dalston, E8 3HY
- Stoke Newington Bookshop – 159 Stoke Newington High Street, London, N16 0NY
- Big Green Bookshop – 1 Brampton Park Road, Hornsey, London, N22 6BG
- Ripping Yarns – 355 Archway Rd, London, N6 4EJ
- Owl Bookshop – 207-209 Kentish Town Rd, London NW5 2JU
- Clapham Books – 120 Clapham High St. Clapham, London SW4 7UH
- Halcyon Books – 1 Greenwich South Street, Greenwich, London SE10 8NW
- Book Mongers – 439 Coldharbour Lane, Brixton, London, SW9 8LN
- Herne Hill Books – 289 Railton Road, London, SE24 0LY
- Bookseller Crow – 50 Westow Street, Crystal Palace, London, SE19 3AF
- Kirkdale Bookshop – 272 Kirkdale, London SE26 4RS
- Review Bookshop – 131 Bellenden Road, SE15 4QY
- The Book and Record Bar – 20 Norwood High Street, London, SE27 9NR
- Skoob Books – 66 The Brunswick off Marchmont Street, London, WC1N 1AE
- The Society Club – 12 Ingestre Pl, London W1F 0JF
- If Music – 36 Langham Street, London, W1W 7AP
- Oxford – Albion Beatnik Bookshop – 34 Walton Street, Oxford, OX2 6AA
- Liverpool – News From Nowhere Bookshop, 96 Bold Street, Liverpool L1 4HY
- Cumbria – The New Bookshop, 42-44 Main Street, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 9LQ
- Stoke on Trent – Webberley’s Book, Percy Street, Hanley, Stoke on Trent ST1 1NG
- Kibworth – The Bookshop (Kibworth), 52 High Street, Kibworth, Leicestershire, LE8 0HQ
- Northumberland – Applebys Bookshop – 60 Newgate Street, Morpeth, Northumberland, NE61 1BE
- Norwich – Writers Centre Norwich – 14 Princes St, Norwich, Norfolk, NR3 1AE.
- Saltburn, Yorkshire – Book Corner, 1 Regency Buildings, Station Square, Saltburn-by-the-Sea, North Yorkshire
- Havana, CUBA – CubaLibro, Calle 24, Calle 19, El Vedado, Havana, Cuba.